The Professional Makeup Course is the core program of the Natasha Denona Makeup Academy.Specializing in a range of primary makeup styles - beauty makeup for still photography, makeup for television, bridal makeup and makeup for special events - its participants acquire the internationally acknowledged Natasha Denona Diploma for professional makeup artists.
Natasha Denona, widely recognized for her outstanding international career as a makeup artist, has personally developed this unique course for the benefit of tomorrow's makeup professionals. Teaching classes in person, she shares her extensive knowledge, modern methods and artistic inspiration with her students. Often invited to work with celebrities and top models for major campaigns and fashion magazines worldwide, Natasha brings the very latest trends with her into the classroom. Her own highly acclaimed makeup worksare included in the curriculum and used to demonstrate key principles of Natasha's unique professional approach.
Natasha Denona's exclusive Professional Makeup Course was formulated by Natasha in accordance with strict international standards. Its curriculum consists of lessons and demonstrations given by Natasha in person, fortified by practical training at the Academy's state-of-the-art facilities.
Demonstrations are given on a raised platform, and displayed in real time on a special plasma display panel (PDP) installed in the classroom – enabling all students to view procedures in great detail, and later achieve optimal results on their own.
The course syllabus includes the following topics:
- Facial makeup techniques
- Skin textures
- The morphology of facial features
- Eye shadow blending techniques
- Natasha's signature technique: glowing skin in 4 steps
- Contouring & highlights
- Smokey eye makeup – various styles
- Eyeliner – various styles
- Eye makeup – various styles: classic & natural bridal makeup, makeup for stills photography, makeup for television & video and more
- False eyelash application – various styles: individual lashes, natural, winged, doll-like etc.
- Theories of color and color-matching
- Eye morphology
- Lip makeup - various styles and techniques
- Eyebrow design
- Makeup for mature women
- Marketing and professional conduct
- How to manage your business as a self-employed makeup artist (taught by an economist/accountant)
- Hands-on experience on real sets - TV productions, fashion productions and stills photography
- Final project: shooting for the student's personal portfolio with a leading fashion photographer and professional models